Saturday 26 September 2015

Sims Freeplay | Fashion Hunter Hobby | Glam & Glitz Update

Who can be a fashion hunter?

Teens and adults can be fashion hunters.  Up to 5 Sims can complete this hobby in the mall.

How can you be a fashion hunter?

You need to complete the Pretty Little Planters quest and the make up artist hobby.  Once you have completed those you will need to unlock 'Memory Lane' which is the second area of the second floor of Sunset Mall.  Once unlocked you will need to bring as many Sims over to the mall and clean up the area.
Once all cleaned up you will need to build the 4 stores on the right side of the mall - Legit, Mandolins Boutique, Kthxbai! and Electric Kapow.  Only when all of these stores are built will you get access to the fashion hunter hobby.


To take part in the fashion hunter hobby you can either click on the 'sale stalls' in the centre of the mall or the clothes racks outside any of the stores in the mall.


What will I unlock?

As soon as you build the Fashion Hunter Bargain Center a 7 day limited time event. You will need to complete the fashion hunter hobby within the time limit to win the sky diving. You will unlock the Movie Theatre even if you don't complete the hobby within the 7 days.


What are the fashion hunter options?

There is only one option when completing the hobby - 'Hunt for Fashion' for 5 hours 30 mins

What are the fashion hunter collectibles?



As with the make up artist hobby each time you complete a row of the collectibles you unlock a new store in Sunet Mall.

What do I win?

The first time you complete the grid you will win the Movie Theatre and is you complete it within 7 days you will also win the Indoor Skydiving.

What if I can't find a collectible?

Just keep going.  It is completely random which collectible you win each time so there are no special tricks to getting a specific one.  You need to get at least one Sim up to level 6 though to be able to collect them all and you can have up to 5 Sims completing the hobby at one time.

6 comments:

  1. I have glitches in most of the second floor at mall. For fashion hunter hobby, somes times they are done as soon as i start the sim hunting. Sometimes its one, sometimes its all that hunt. I think this is why i am stuck on earning the same item over and over again. Ive only gotten 6 of the items and cant progress. The makeup booth does the opposite...it hangs on the task and doesnt count down or its starts the count down timer but resets when i leave the mall and return. I have to use LP to finish it. I lost out on the rewards from both of these glitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had similar glitches as the other poster, though I suceeded with the makeup kiosk by cancelling bad starts immediately and restarting my pair.

    I never tried the 20LP spin, but dud spend over 300 LP in hopes of getting all the fashion hunter collections... I failed to finish in the 7 days, despite spending 50 of the over 300 to accelerated all my hunters twice in the last 2 minutes left...

    It has been 2 more days and despite having all but the Gothic Fashion (missing the same one shown in the video as last) when time ran out, I still have yet to unlock the movie theatre.

    PS. The seating area without the indoor skydiving looks soooooo boring

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MakeUp and Fashion Hunter hobbies were impossible to finish in the time limit. I had glitches with the MakeUp one also, and I am still trying to finish the Fashion Hunter :( These are the first and only two that I haven't completed in time to get the reward. I really hope they bring back at chance at the indoor skydiving again. It's not fair if the task is impossible to complete without forcing us to buy LPs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so frustating to not be able to finish this mission! I played a whole week, even at night. The last day I spent over 300 LP, with 10 Sims doing cooking mission for nearly the whole day), but without succes, just the last prize failed :-( I don't believe in the randomness of the game; I'm convinced EA tries to force us to buy VIP, LP, ... As a result I decided to stop and delete my game. No more Sims freeplay for me!!! Real life is so much better!

    ReplyDelete